Sunday, January 21, 2007

"Insert Excited Sports Cliche Here"

Something like "Go Colts!" or "Go Horse!" or "Believe in Blue!" It all fits. Maybe I'm just blowing it up in my mind, but I really can't imagine a more exciting game of football. And to see the Colts make it to the Super Bowl for the first time since moving to Indianapolis in 1984. Heck, the first time since MY BIRTH. It's really gratifying. Just remembering all the disappointment. Hoping Jim Harbaugh and Marshall Faulk would pull it out, come back and win it. My brother had (probably still has) a signed Marshall Faulk football. It's gratifying to finally Indianapolis with the post-season it deserves.

Only-Slightly-Related-Presidential-Predication:
If Chicago wins in two weeks, Barak Obama will be the Democratic nominee for president.
If Indianapolis wins, Hillary will be.
"I don't get it!" you're likely to say. "Isn't Hillary from Illinois, too?" You're right. But I also predict that if Hillary wins, she'll pick Evan Bayh as her running-mate. Connection: made!

"Woot! Where's my clam chowder?"

No comments: