Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Could We Start Again, Please?

...Which brings me to my current blog post. Tomorrow, being the big 2-4, I feel it's a good candidate for a fresh start. That doesn't mean prolific blogging, but it does mean a real, fresh-eyed evaluation of where I stand and what's next.
The facts:
I have applied to graduate school. The final count was 7 schools, scattered far and wide across this great land. I'll keep you posted when any news (at least the good news) drops. One way or another, I don't intend to be teaching after the conclusion of the current school year.

Possibilities:
I've considered stopping teaching prior to the end of the year. It's all contingent on circumstances, but if something came along, I'd be out. I don't think the administration in my building is very fond of me and this job is taking the best bits of me and doing a festive Mexican hat-dance on top of them. We'll see, but keep your ear to the ground for me.

No comments: