Monday, April 11, 2005

Moonage Daydream

Maybe I spend too much time poking around David Bowie's homepage, but this new entry caught my eye.



Some time ago, Rolling Stone did an issue featuring 50 "Legends". Each "legend" featured a painting of the artist(s) and a passage by another musician about their contribution. Well, now Rolling Stone, ever eager to find another new list and sell a few more issues, has continued its legends series with 50 additional legends. Among them, Mr. Trent Reznor. The task of lauding Nine Inch Nails was awarded to sometimes-Reznor-collaborator, Bowie, himself.

Here's the most interesting bit:

"I had a strange dream the other week. Lou Reed, myself and a friend known as Warren Peace, were having dinner in one of those old style Greenwich Village places where Pollock was supposed to have fought other painters. Our meal was served by one of the members of Einsturzende Neubauten. I slowly became aware of the house music and that it was infuriatingly familiar. Noticing my quizzical and upturned face, Blixa Bargeld (for our waiter was he) leaned in to me and whispered "The music is a birthday surprise for Lou. Trent Reznor remixed this version of Metal Machine Music as a present.".


Bowie's dreams facinate me. And it goes on. Enjoy.

No comments: